In connection with the global pandemic, Ukraine, like many other countries, has introduced compulsory insurance against COVID-19 for foreign nationals on its territory.
We understand how important it is for foreigners to get comfortably to a third country and be provided with a valid health policy that would meet all the requirements of the border services of Ukraine and the law.
Therefore, the COVID-STOP program introduced a short insurance period - «Transit 5 days». This is 5 days of insurance coverage per month. Every foreigner insured for this period has the opportunity to use the health policy twice during 30 days: to transit through the territory of Ukraine in one direction and return home.
Advantages of the health policy «COVID-STOP transit»:
- Unique corridor in 30 days (1 month).
- 5 days of insurance protection: 48 hours (2 days) - one way travel, 48 hours (2 days) - in the opposite direction and 1 day is bonus.
- One cost for all foreign citizens without age restrictions - 75 UAH.
- No time or financial franchise.
Why do you need to get a policy from the Misto Insurance Company?
- Registration online in 5 minutes at any time and from anywhere in the world.
- The contract comes into force immediately after registration and payment. That is why it helps foreigners who are «stuck at customs» to enter Ukraine.
- The electronic acceptance is concluded in Ukrainian and English languages and allows international airlines (carriers) to verify that the policy belongs to a foreigner.
- Possibility of group insurance (up to 10 people) in one contract, paying once.
- A document that is not required for printing because it is an electronic health policy and can be presented at the border on a mobile device.
- Compliance of the health policy with all the requirements of the legislation of Ukraine - the document is signed bilaterally, not only by the insurance company.
- The health policy covers outpatient and inpatient treatment, as well as observation, in accordance with the requirements of the Cabinet of Ministers (Resolution №480 of 12.06.2020).
How to issue an electronic policy «COVID-STOP transit»?
- In the calculator, select the date of entry into Ukraine (the policy will take effect on the day you specify). The expiration date of the contract will be specified by the site automatically, for a period of one month.
- Specify the insurance period «Transit 5 days».
- If more than 1 person is traveling, select the required number of people (maximum 10 foreigners) to be insured in the calculator.
- Click on the orange «Count» button. The calculator calculates the total amount of insurance payment for the specified number of people. Next to the amount, click «Buy» and go to the form of health policy from COVID-19 for foreigners.
- STEP 1. «POLICYHOLDER» (the person concluding the insurance contract - only adults over 18 years). At this step, the name of the foreigner, the name of the carrier, the representative of the airline or travel agent may be indicated.
- Enter the name and surname, according to the passport with which the foreigner will enter Ukraine, date of birth, series and number of the document, date and issuing authority (if specified in the passport), identification code - 10 zeros (necessarily), registration address abroad (or place of residence), telephone number (he will receive an SMS code for signing an electronic contract) and email, which will receive an electronic contract.
- If in step 1 the carrier or agent: provide all your details, according to the official document (foreign or internal passport, or ID-card), mobile phone number and email (similarly as above).
- STEP 2. «INSURED PERSON(S)»: fill in the data of people to be insured: surname and name according to the passport with which the foreigner will travel, date of birth, series and number of the document, address of registration (residence) abroad.
- If steps 1 and 2 are the same person, check the «bird» and all data from step 1 are automatically duplicated on step 2.
- Click on the orange button «Sign the contract via sms» and wait for the SMS message to arrive on your mobile device. Enter a 6-digit SMS code in the field below.
- Click on the last button «Draw up the insurance contract» and complete the process of forming an electronic policy.
- After that, the site automatically opens the page of the payment system for payment by Visa or MasterCard. Enter card details and pay online. Note that the bank card must be connected to the SMS banking to protect your data and secure payments on the Internet. If you are unable to make a payment, write to us on Viber/WhatsApp for prompt assistance: + 38093-1251428.
- After payment, the electronic policy is automatically sent to the specified email (so check the correctness of its entry) and appears in the personal account on the site.
- You can print a health policy or show it on a mobile device when you enter Ukraine.
Is it possible to buy a policy «COVID-STOP transit 5 days» for staying in Ukraine for 3, 4 or 5 days?
No, the health policy «COVID-STOP transit» provides for insurance of foreigners who pass through the territory of Ukraine in transit, have supporting documents for travel abroad during 48 hours (2 days). For a longer staying (3, 4, 5 and more days) in our country it is necessary to draw up a full health policy from COVID-19, for a period of 1 month (minimum insurance time). Therefore, select another insurance period in the calculator.
Is the electronic policy from COVID-19 presented on the phone suitable for the Ukrainian border service? Do I need to print it?
Yes, the concluded online health policy «COVID-STOP transit» has legal force. And you can present it to border guards on a mobile device. It complies with the Laws of Ukraine «On Electronic Documents and Electronic Document Management» and «On Electronic Commerce». The contract has a signature, the seal of the insurance company and your signature in the form of a unique identifier, which is sent to the mobile device when it is concluded. But for convenience and reinsurance, we recommend printing an electronic contract and a receipt of payment (if possible).
For whom is the «COVID-STOP transit» program important and necessary?
- Ordinary foreigners traveling in transit through the territory of Ukraine, heading to a third country. They are required to present a health policy from COVID-19 to the border service.
- Airlines and carriers that provide their passengers with service at the highest level. Therefore, they offer a policy from COVID-19 in Ukraine as an additional service so that their customers do not have problems entering Ukraine.
- Foreign travel companies that organize for their citizens foreign trips to Ukraine (or third countries, transit through Ukraine) and provide tickets, vouchers, health policies, including from COVID-19 in Ukraine.
- Ukrainian tour operators who are engaged in inbound tourism and receive foreign citizens in our country, organizing holidays for non-residents at the highest level.
Who among foreigners does not need a health policy from COVID-19 during entering Ukraine?
Coronavirus insurance in Ukraine is not required for foreigners who have a permanent residence in Ukraine. This condition is prescribed in the Cabinet of Ministers Resolutions N480 and 641.
With the health policy «COVID-STOP transit» you can safely travel to other countries to family and friends, with working and business visits, without special risks and worries. Apply for an electronic contract from COVID-19 on our website and travel safely and securely. After all, the Misto Insurance Company already takes care of you!
Feel calm and secure with the health policy «COVID-STOP transit» through Ukraine!
Table conditions of insurance program «COVID-STOP» for foreigners:
|Insurance options/type of treatment||The sum insured is UAH 25,000,
including the limit in case
insurance from COVID 2019:
|15 000 UAH|
insurance (death case)
|10 000 UAH|
Tariffs for foreigners under the program «COVID-STOP»:
|Age Insured||6-60 years||61-69 years||0-5 years/from 70 years|
|Term of the contract||Type of insurance||Voluntary health
|Insurance rate, %||4,26667%||1,6%||8,53334%||0,04%||12,8%||4,8%|
|Insurance payment, UAH||640,00||160,00||1280,00||320,00||1920,00||480,00|
|Insurance rate, %||2,6667%||1,00%||5,33334%||0,02%||8,00%||3,00%|
|Insurance payment, UAH||400,00||100,00||800,00||200,00||1200,00||300,00|
|Insurance rate, %||1,06667%||0,4%||2,13334%||0,01%||3,2%||1,2%|
|Insurance payment, UAH||160,00||40,00||320,00||80,00||480,00||120,00|
To draw up a contract «COVID-STOP» you need the following documents:
What to do in case of illness?
- to notify Misto Insurance Company about the occurrence of an event that has signs of an insured event by calling 0-800-211-118 immediately, but not later than 2 (two) working days
- seek medical help and follow the recommendations of doctors;
- provide the Misto Insurance Company all the necessary documents in any available way (through the site ic-misto.com.ua, by mail, etc.):
- Application for insurance payment according to the form established by the Insurance Company.
- Insurance contract (Electronic certificate).
- Certificate of assignment of the identification number of the person who applied for the insurance payment (if any).
- Passport person who applied for insurance payments.
- Passport of the Insured Person with marks on crossing the border of Ukraine.
- Laboratory confirmation of infection of the Insured Person with COVID-19 virus (PCR test).
- Medical documentation (consultative conclusions, extract from the outpatient/inpatient card of the patient - Insured person with mandatory indication of the name of the Insured person, date of medical treatment, duration of treatment, history of the disease, final diagnosis, volume examination and treatment, volume of medical services/medicines provided).
- Recipes for medicines, medical products appropriately certified physician.
- Payment documents (fiscal checks, receipts, payment orders, certificates of work performed, etc.) on payment by the Insured of the cost of medical care/medicines, observation costs in case the Insured, upon prior agreement with the Misto Insurance Company, independently paid the cost of medical services, the cost of observation.
- Death certificate of the Insured Person in case of death, as well as medical documents confirming the fact of death of the Insured Person as a result of an accident.
- Certificate of the Insured's being in a state of alcohol, drugs or toxic intoxication at the time of the accident.
- Succession documents (for heirs).
- Materials from law enforcement and judicial authorities - if necessary.
- Certificate from the bank on opening or availability of the Beneficiary's bank account in the currency of Ukraine (hryvnia) for transfer of insurance payment (in case of an insured event on voluntary accident insurance and/or in case the Insured Person, with the prior consent of the Misto Insurance Company, has paid for the medical services independently).
- to provide the representative of the Misto Insurance Company with the opportunity to conduct an additional medical examination of the Insured Person, at the request of the Misto IC.
Misto Insurance Company decides on the implementation or refusal of insurance payment within 3 working days after receiving all these documents. Insurance payment is made within two (2) business days of signing the insurance act.
If you have any questions about the insurance case, you can contact us by phone 0 800 211 118.